Want to try plant based but missing them meat? Try Beyond Meat!
Beyond Meat crashed onto the scene and has been a game-changer ever since with it's taste and texture which means it can be easily swapped for anyone wanting to eat less meat and more plant based.
The Beyond Burger:
It's a great place to start as its quick and easy. Load it up with your favorite fixings for a simple plant based burger dinner but why not try something different -
Spicy Beyond Burger Bowl:
2 Beyond Meat Burger Patties
1 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of sweetcorn
200g Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 fresh jalapeño, sliced
1 small bunch of coriander chopped
1 lime cut into wedges
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook quinoa or brown rice according to package instructions.
2. In a pan, cook Beyond Meat burger patties until browned on both sides.
3. In a bowl, assemble the base by combining cooked quinoa or brown rice, black beans, corn, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and jalapeño. Think chopped salad.
4. Slice the cooked Beyond Meat patty and put on top of the bowl.
5. Sprinkle with chopped coriander, salt, and pepper.
6. Serve with lime wedges on the side for a burst of citrus flavor.
Enjoy! Great for a hearty lunch for lighter evening meal.