The Beyond Meat Sausage and it's many uses
Beyond Meat crashed onto the scene and has been a game-changer ever since with it's taste and texture which means it can be easily swapped for anyone wanting to eat less meat and more plant based.
Beyond Meat Sausages -
The humble and versatile sausage - as part of a breakfast, a sausage sandwich for lunch or even for dinner in a stew. We've all got a favourite sausage recipe so why not try it with these.
Here's some inspiration for you -
Beyond Sausage Street Corn:
4 Beyond Sausages
4 hot dog buns, toasted
1 can of corn
¼ yellow onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 slices pickled jalapeño, minced
2 tbsp fresh coriander, minced
¼ lime, zested and juiced
Mayonnaise to taste
Feta cheese, for garnish
Smoked paprika and coriander for garnish
Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Drizzle with olive oil and add the drained corn. Season with salt and pepper and let the kernels sear on one side, undisturbed, for 1 minute or until caramelized.
2. Add the onions, garlic, and jalapeños to the skillet.
3. Continue stir-frying for 1 minute or until the onions are tender. Turn off the heat and stir in the coriander, zest, and the juice of ¼ lime. Season the mixture to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. To prepare the sausage, preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle it with olive oil, and add the sausages. Cook, stirring continuously, for 10-12 minutes.
5. Add the sausages to each bun and finish them with the mayo, corn mixture, and cheese. Optional to add a pinch of smoked paprika, cilantro leaves, and a squeeze of lime for garnish as well.
Enjoy! A great weekend make for something a bit more time consuming and special.