These beautiful puffy American style pancakes work perfectly with gluten free flour too!
125g Doves plain flour
1 tsp Doves baking powder
150ml Brose oat milk
2tbsp Granulated sugar
1/2tsp Vanilla paste
Pinch of salt
1. Grab a big bowl to mix your batter in. Add in the flour and sugar, give it a quick whisk to remove any lumps
2. Next add in all your liquids and whisk well until there are no dry lumps and you have a smooth thick batter. There is no need to over whisk it though! Just until it’s nice and smooth
3. Warm a non-stick pan over a medium/high heat.
4. Rub some oil over the pan using kitchen paper, this avoids oily pancakes and just helps them not to stick. Add in roughly 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and leave to settle. It will form it’s own perfect circle if you just drop all the batter in one spot.
5. Cook until you start to see bubbles forming on the surface, the pancake will also start to puff up. Gently flip
and leave to cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
*The first crepe is normally sacrificed to the pancake god but after the first one they get easier to flip honest!
Have you given this recipe a go? Let us know! Share a pic on our Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and don't forget to tag us.