Thanks to the lovely Sarah and Eilidh from our Morningside store we've got not one, not two but four meals to share with you this valentines week. All our recipe cards include a starter, main, side and dessert.
To start - nachos
Packet of tortilla chips
Vegan cheese (we love Applewood for that smokey flavour an exellent melt)
Jar of jalapeños if you like it spicy
Oatly!© Oat Fraiche
Jar of salsa, or why not make your own from roasted fresh tomatoes, peppers and fresh herbs
1.Pre-heat oven to 200c/180c Fan/Gas 6.
2. Tip the tortilla chips into an ovenproof dish
3. Top the tortilla chips with grated vegan cheese
4. Add Jalapeños to taste
5. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese has melted
6. Serve with the sour cream and salsa
On the side - coleslaw
1 red or white cabbage
Salt and pepper
1. Grate an equal amount of carrot and cabbage
2. Mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise to taste, we're big fan's of may so always go for an extra big dollop.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Main course - burger and chips
|Beyond Meat© or Sgaia© burger
4 little gem lettuce leaves
1 red onion
Applewood cheese slices
|Condiments of choice (we like to add a bit of mayo leftover from the coleslaw and a bit of ketchup)
Aye Pickles bread and butter pickles
2 fresh bread rolls
Bag of frozen chips
1. Cook chips according to packet instructions
2. Whilst the chips are cooking slice the onion and tomato thinly and rip the lettuce into bite size pieces
3. Slice the buns in half
4. Cook the burger according to packet instructions and top with the cheese slice
5. Put the burger in the bun and top with the lettuce, tomato and onion in the bun
6. Add your favourite condiments and pickles
7. Serve with the chips
To finish - cookies and ice cream
1 pack of your favourite cookies
Tub of ice cream in your favorite flavour
1.Break the cookies into bite size pieces.
2.Top with 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream.
Share with us what you made! Take a pic, make a reel, and tag our socials.